It can be hard to get started with a blog. But the truth is that anyone can do it with the right help, whether they want to create a side business or share their thoughts online.
Many people are now able to make a living by blogging full-time. You can make money anywhere from a few hundred dollars a month to six figures a year, especially if you can build a loyal audience of followers who can’t wait to read your next post.
Follow These Steps to Start a Blog and Start Making Money Right Away:
If you’re looking for the most accessible path to learn how to start a blog, I’ll show you how to do it in less than 30 minutes with only the most basic computer skills.
Step 1: Choose a Niche for Your Blog
Your first step in starting a blog is to choose a niche or topic for your blog. Finding the right niche is vital to making a blog because it could decide how successful (or unsuccessful) your blog will be in the long run.
One of the best ways to ensure your blog gets off to a good start is to choose the right niche.
Step 2: Choose a Good Title for Your Blog
Once you have chosen the right topic for your blog, it’s essential to choose the right domain name. Choosing a name for your blog can be challenging, and you always feel like you have to get it right because your domain name is your brand. And blogging can be one of the best ways to build a brand.
When choosing a domain name, usually follow these six rules:
• It should be easy to remember.
• It should be short.
• It should be easy to say and spell.
• You shouldn’t use numbers or hyphens.
• Keep it unique and easy to remember. Make sure it’s not already taken.
Step 3: Find a Good Company to Host Your Website
Now you need to pick a web host. When starting a blog, choosing the right web hosting is the most critical decision. This is where your website files are kept, and it can be hard to move your domain later on.
Step 4: Put WordPress in Place
Installing WordPress is the next step after signing up for Bluehost. The best thing about Bluehost is that it automatically sets up WordPress for you.
The next step is to choose a theme for your WordPress blog. You can change the theme later if you don’t like it.
After you pick a free theme, you’ll be taken to a page that says “all done.” When you click “Start Building,” you’ll be taken to the WordPress Dashboard, also called the “admin area,” where you can start making your new website’s content, look, and features for visitors.
Step 5: Add More Essential Plugins
Once you’ve set up your blog, it’s time to personalize it by adding WordPress plugins.
You can always add plugins to a website that runs on WordPress. Plugins for WordPress are like apps for your WordPress site. They let you add new features to your WordPress blog, make your theme more flexible, and make it your own.
WordPress has a lot of free and paid plugins to choose from. And there are more plugins you can get from other websites. You can do anything!
How Can Your Blog Make You Money?
You can start selling your content and making money from your blog as soon as you get visitors.
Some of the most popular and easy ways for bloggers to make money are:
• Display ads: You can use a service like Google AdSense or Infolinks to show banner ads. When any visitor clicks on one of your ads, you get paid.
• Affiliate marketing: When a reader clicks through to a site you recommend and makes a purchase, you can get a commission.
• Selling digital products: The most popular digital products that bloggers sell are eBooks, online courses, and video tutorials.
• Offer coaching services: Like consulting, you can just put up a page on your blog where you charge motivated clients a lot of money for one-on-one coaching.
• Sponsored posts: You can charge the company money to write an article about them or something related to them on your blog.
• Take donations: Another method to make money from your blog is to make it possible for people to make donations. Add a PayPal donate button or a Stripe donate button to your website.
Remember that anyone, including you and me, can make money online from blogging. However, the amount of money you make will depend on how much work you are willing to put into your blog every month if you want to be successful and reach your goals.
One Last Thing
Blogs take time, but they can pay off big time. Use your blog to build trust with your readers.
Once your readers trust you, they might reach out to you, which could lead to many ways to make money. You can, however, pay a WordPress developer to set one up for you.