Online users trust search engine websites like Google for providing them with reliable websites that contain the information they need. Search engine sites have become an essential part of people’s lives, especially when they are searching for information.
Website owners have one common goal. They all aim to reach the top rankings of Google because it helps increase visitor traffic and improve their website’s credibility. Websites apply a variety of strategies that can help them attain a better ranking over time. Nowadays, the higher your webpage ranking, the better.
Why Do Websites Aim for the Top Ranking in Google?
Websites all aim to rank first in the search engine results page because of several benefits:
- It increases brand awareness. Websites apply the best SEO for rankings in order to raise their brand awareness. It helps in promoting the brand to billions of online users. If your webpage is ranked number one, more online visitors will visit it.
- It helps improve website traffic. Websites that rank first are the ones that get visited often. As a result, it helps improve website traffic. It is also a great way to build a following; therefore, it is essential to create a site that is interesting and engaging, so online visitors are enticed to stay and browse more.
- It improves the website’s reliability and credibility. Google is known for providing high-quality information to its users. Therefore, if your webpage appears on the top rank, it gives online users an impression that your website is a credible source.
- It helps increase potential leads. You have a higher chance of closing a sale if you have a high volume of online visitors. Reaching the top rank is essential if you want to increase your sales.
Ways to Improve Your Website’s Search Engine Rankings
It is not enough to simply produce a website. It should be able to work its way up the rankings ladder so it can count as a reliable page. Improving your webpage’s rankings does not happen overnight. Instead, you must apply specific strategies such as:
- Create reliable content. Content is essential when it comes to webpage rankings. Coming up with engaging and informative content is a great way to improve your rankings.
- Include working links. Include backlinks and other links to your sources. These links enable users to verify whether the information you provide them is real or not.
- Provide a mobile-friendly website. Not everyone has access to personal computers or laptops all the time. Some online users use their mobile devices such as their smartphones and tablets. Therefore, if you are a website owner, you need to optimise your site so that it is compatible with different mobile devices.
- Ensure easy navigation. Keep your navigation simple and easy to understand. When online visitors feel like it is difficult to go to your website, they will just leave.
How Does Google Calculate Website Rankings
As you use Google’s search engine, you cannot help but wonder how it decides which sites should be at the top of the list. How does Google know which websites are the most relevant and reliable? Out of the hundreds of factors related to website ranking, here is how the search engine giant does it:
- Google spiders. Also referred to as Google bots, they are the ones who “crawl” from one page to another. It helps determine whether Google can easily find your website or not. It also allows Google to decide if your webpage is crawler-friendly or not. Websites that are spider-friendly are often the ones that have quality and working links and have relevant content. The quicker Google bots can crawl to your site, the higher its chances of reaching the search engine results page.
- Google PageRank. Through PageRank, Google can identify the importance of a website. PageRank compares one link as one vote. If one page includes a link from another site, that is counted as a vote. A website’s importance is attributed to the “votes.” The principle behind this is that web content will not link another site as a source if it is not reliable. Through this process, the more votes you get, the more important your website is. As a result, you have a high probability of getting a high rank.
- Content. Google loves quality content. Content has been one of the major factors for how websites are ranked in search engine results pages. For Google, relevant content means that it is comprehensive. If an online user searches something in the search engine, the site must be able to provide the necessary information the user needs. No fluff, just pure informative content.
The best SEO for rankings is a focus of most business owners because they want their site to rank the highest. However, if you do not understand how Google works, you might have a hard time climbing the search engine rankings page. Hopefully this article helps you get an idea of what Google calculates when they rank sites, and now you feel informed to make changes to boost your ranking with the search engine giant.