Are you starting a new business? Do your digital campaigns need improving? So, what are digital marketing campaigns and why is it important for your business? In this article, we will discuss digital marketing terms, marketing strategy examples, and engagement posts.
Digital marketing campaigns are the execution of a digital marketing strategy. Some reasons why digital marketing campaigns are essential to your business are because they give you brand awareness, you can target the right audience, you will save money, and it’s easy to track and monitor your marketing efforts.
Marketing Strategy Examples
There are many different marketing strategies. It’s not feasible to implement every single one of them. How do you know which strategies are best for your business? Here are some marketing strategies to be aware of and help you get started.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
As defined above, SEO stands for search engine optimization, which is a fundamental part of having an online presence and ensuring online success.
SEO has a wide range of tactics including keywords, link building, and page speed. SEO is essential to businesses because showing at the top of the search engine results page (SERP) will drive more traffic to your site.
Your SEO strategy should include:
- Performing an SEO audit of your website to determine which areas require improvement
- Analyzing your competitors’ SEO performance to inform your strategy
- Conducting keyword research to determine which keywords to target
- Researching opportunities for link building
Content marketing is a strategy used to attract potential customers to your business by creating high quality content such as blogs, articles, infographics, podcasts, webinars, ebooks, and more.
Your content should provide value to your users. It should be industry or business related and relevant to your target audience.
PPC is an advertising method where advertisers pay a fee each time their online ad is clicked on. The two main types of PPC ads are search ads, which appear on SERPs, and display ads, which show on other websites.
A PPC strategy includes:
- Choosing your advertising platform(s)
- Conducting keyword research to determine which keywords to bid on
- Setting your budget and choosing your bidding strategy
- Creating, testing, and refining your ads and landing pages
Email marketing is a strategy to build relationships with customers and potential customers via email. First, you’ll need to choose an email marketing platform. Next, build your email list by adding opt-in forms to your website as pop-ups or elsewhere on your site. Offer incentives to users who sign up for your email list, such as access to exclusive content or a coupon code. One benefit of email marketing is that subscribers opted into hearing from you, so they’re likely highly qualified leads.
Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is the practice of building brand awareness, building relationships, and ultimately converting users to customers on different social media platforms, by sharing content relevant to your business and industry.
A social media strategy includes:
- Determine the kinds of content you want to post
- Choose the tone you want to use and the personality you want to convey
- Decide when you want to post and create a content calendar
- Track and analyze your results
Digital Marketing Terms
There are many terms to know when it comes to digital marketing. Let’s take a look at some important terms.
A/B testing is when you test two different versions of a marketing campaign to see which delivers better results.
Brand awareness is the level at which users can recall and recognize your brand name. You build brand awareness by being present on social media platforms, sending email newsletters, and appearing in search engines.
A CTA is the part of a webpage, advertisement, or content that encourages an audience to do something. Some examples include:
- Buy Now
Double opt-in is when users must complete two actions before subscribing to your email content. Examples include a sign-up form and a confirmation link.
Engagement measures likes, shares, and comments for a business’ social media efforts. Popular platforms include:
Twitter- followers and retweets
Facebook- shares, likes, and followers
Instagram- likes and followers
A social media follower is someone who has chosen to see your posts regularly by subscribing or “following” your page.
Geo Targeting is an effective way for increasing conversions where content is delivered to audiences based on their geographic locations. It’s effectively used in paid search or social media campaigns. The location can be a country, state, city, and more.
Keyword research is the process of discovering key terms that your target audience uses when searching online. You can use a keyword research tool to help you discover these terms.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
KPIs help you track your marketing goals’ success rate. When you set KPIs for your marketing campaign, you determine what metrics are most important, and track them over time.
Local SEO, or local search engine optimization, allows your website and content to be found at the top of any local search results. It helps your business and/or product be seen the most in Google results.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO stands for search engine optimization, which is a fundamental part of having an online presence and ensuring online success.
Search Engine Results Page (SERP)
Search Engine Results Pages are the pages that Google and other search engines show in response to a user’s search query.
The goal of posting is to get users to engage with your posts and convert them to customers. Here are some best practices when it comes to creating engaging posts.
- Cover all your social media bases by producing content for the top social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, and cross-promote your content.
- Post unique, entertaining, and engaging content. You should post frequently to keep your brand in front of your audience.
- People tend to engage more with images or video content. It’s quick and easy to digest.
- Rather than sounding like a press release, be personal and show your audience that there is a real person behind your brand.
- Listen to your audience and what they are saying about your brand. Be sure to interact, acknowledge them, and address any complaints.
Finally, a digital marketing campaign will build brand awareness and help grow your business. This can seem like an overwhelming task. However, there are marketing agencies that can help you with your SEO and create successful marketing campaigns for your business.