Create a Lookalike Audience
A Lookalike Audience is a way to reach new people who are likely to be interested in your business because they're similar to your best existing customers. Read more about Lookalike Audience .
Before you begin
Create a Facebook Lookalike Audience:
- Go to your Audiences
- Click the Create Audience dropdown and choose Lookalike Audience
- Choose your source Notes:
- A source can be a Custom Audience not created with a data partner, your pixel data, your mobile app data or fans of your Page
- Consider using a group of 1,000 to 50,000 of your best customers based on lifetime value, transaction value, total order size or engagement.
- Choose the country/countries where you'd like to find a similar set of people
- Choose your desired audience size with the slider Note: You can't edit the audience size after you finish creating your Lookalike Audience. You'll have to create a new one instead.
- Click Create Audience
You can also create a Lookalike Audience during ad creation in Ads Manager and Power Editor.
Keep in mind:
- It may take 6 to 24 hours for your Lookalike Audience to be created. After that, it'll refresh every 3 to 7 days as long as you're still actively targeting ads to it
- You don’t need to wait for your Lookalike Audience to update to use it for ad targeting
- You can see when your Lookalike Audience was updated by visiting your Audience Manager page and looking at the date under the Availability column