Now that your site is live
Here we present the steps you can/should take now that your site is live
1) MAKE SOME NOISE
Now that your site is live you can start to drive visitors to your site. To do this you need to make a lot of noise online.
Try some of these ideas…
- Email your contacts – Your email list is vital and whatever business you’re in you should prioritise growing your list of contacts. However large your list is at this time, now is the best time to reach out to them and tell them about your new website. Using a hosted email marketing system is the best approach and will provide you with useful information about open rates, bounces, and who clicked through to your new site.
- Social media – Not only is social media great for getting immediate visitors to your site, it’s also great for SEO because Google loves to see your site mentioned on Social Media (especially when those links come from Google+). If you haven’t already, create accounts on Google+, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn etc and start posting about your new site.
- Word of mouth – Add your website address to your business cards, your email signature, promotional material and anything else that you can find. Tell your friends, your family, anyone who’s prepared to listen. You could also try visiting local business networking groups and tell them to check out your awesome new site.
2) ASK FOR RECOMMENDATIONS
Your prospects and customers want to see how well you have delivered your services and products before so why not ask your happy clients to recommend you. There are many platforms where you can easily get recommendations for your business. Why not try a few of these?
- Facebook – your Facebook page is a great place to get reviews. As the biggest social media platform in the world you’re guaranteed to find your customers on it so it’s both a great place to display your reviews and to ask for them.
- Google+ – When someone searches for your business on Google they are likely to see a panel that describes your business and, if you have some reviews on Google+, your searchers will see those reviews on their search results.
- Yelp, Yell and other business directories – Adding your site to the numerous business directories is a great way to not only get quality back-links to your site (all good for SEO) but also a great way to get more traffic and for social approval from the ratings.
You can also use these testimonials on your website too!
3) WRITE A BLOG
Blogging is a great way to promote your expertise and position yourself as a leader in your industry. Your site has been built using the best blogging platform available – WordPress – so it makes sense to use it. Here are a few reasons why you should consider blogging.
- Websites with a blog have tend to have 434% more indexed pages.
- 47% of buyers viewed 3-5 pieces of content before engaging with a sales rep.
- B2B marketers that use blogs get 67% more leads than those that do not.
- Marketers who prioritize blogging are 13x more likely to achieve a positive ROI on their efforts.
- Companies who blog receive 97% more links to their website.
There are many other reasons why you should have an active blog but hopefully these are enough to convince you that it’s worth your while.
4) PROTECT YOUR SITE
Unfortunately, it is highly likely that at some point your site will be attacked by spam bots. The irony of promoting your website and gaining more traffic is that some of that traffic will be from spam bots that will try to infect your site with malware.
This malware can sit inactive on your site for a long time, going unnoticed until it activates. Activation can take the form of changing your site, stopping it working correctly or spamming email lists spreading the virus further.
It is vital that you protect your website. You may have just spent hundreds or thousands of pounds to build a site to promote your business and you’ll likely invest more money and time to promote it. You may have client contact details on your site that could be stolen. So why risk all of that by allowing your site to be hacked.
Unfortunately, it is only a matter of time until your site is infected. But it is possible to protect your investment and we have a number of packages that can monitor, clean and protect your site.